Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Big Hands

Popcorn usually went hand in hand with the television. I remember being fascinated at the way my father’s hand would reach into the bowl and devour the pieces of popcorn. I was so little and my hands could only handle three kernels at a time. My brother would whisper to me, “Look at how much he takes!” And we would sit there and watch him in awe as if we were watching Godzilla pluck Grace from the top of the Empire State Building.

When did you stop viewing your father or grandfather through the eyes of a child?

1 comment:

  1. When I was 21 and I knew he couldn't kick my ass and that I could hurt him if I wanted to. When I was around 10 I believed that I could, but was proven wrong a few times (I like to think of this as false confidence that some of us have that is not based in reality. I was 5'5" 120 when I was 10 and had no business thinking I could scrap with my old man.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!